Si Petite dan Tan Skin Headline Animator

Monday, June 25, 2012

Behind the Scene of Being a SAHM

It's been almost a month since I left all the hectic 2 monitors at office
I got lots of respond from my friends especially from FB
"Bestnya jadi SAHM"
"Mesti syok tak payah tension kena marah dengan boss"
"Faatih mesti seronok mak dia ada"

Yes, people could expressed anything coz it look nicely on the outside
But you'll never know until you experienced it.

I tak maksud yang jadi SAHM ni menyusahkan coz, there're bunch of reasons why women out there kebanyakannya bersara awal untul jadi SAHM.



Baru-baru ni Parlimen Malaysia keluarkan statistics almost 70% wanita berumur 35-40 tahun bersara awal untuk memberi tumpuan kepada keluarga tetapi main reason adalah kerana kerisauan terhadap taska-taska yang akhlak pengasuhnya semakin kurang. Sekarang banyak sangat kes dera kat taska, bagi makan yang bukan-bukan siap ber"youtube" bagai.

For me, I've reason why I resigned from current company. Let me just put that I back at home at 7pm-8pm and hubby not favour it at all. Despite the hectic at work which my office was 50km away from our house.
Yes, we live in Putrajaya and my office in Bangsar. Note that I'm not looking for another job opportunities near to our house but that's rezeki Allah gave to us.

For someone who worked almost 4 years, it's not an easy decision to just simply resigned without purpose. I do remembered when I handled the resignation letter to the boss and the reason I put was to concentrate on my family. My boss asked me,

"Waaa.....you sangat sayang you punya anak ye.."

I was like to answer...."What kind of question is that?" instead, I just answered,

"Of course sayang...." mana ada orang yang tak sayang anak? org yg dera kat youtube tu pon aku rasa sayang je anak dia cuma tekanan bila menjaga anak ni memerlukan kesabaran yang utuh.

That's why I cakap, nampak macam senang je jadi SAHM ni, dok umah, masak, kemas umah, jaga anak.

Butttttt.......being SAHM is more challenging than working in office!!

If kat office, you just facing your boss yang membebel buat kerja here and there. Depression on mental and physical tu habis kat office je. Tapi kalau kat rumah, penat dia lain macam especially when you have infant that in developing the get-to-know skills. Semau benda habis dia punggah.

You can imagine when you already prepare for cooking, he's the one who will take out all the utensils, pan etc. talking bout a little "chef" here. Blom lagi dia nampak you'ols siang ikan potong bawang pastu mengamuk nak pisau tu kan.....tak bagi menangis selagi bole. At the end I akan bagi je sudu, mangkuk and letak tepung supaya dia bole main.



Then it's time for you to tidy all the messiness, bila korang habis masak and complete kems semua yang bersepah, time tu la dia akan take out je balik mana you yang dah simpan tadi. ufffff........I rasa macam sume benda pon dan letak atas almari yg tinggi 2 metres atas supaya dia tak le capai. tapi nak buat camner, mak dia pon kemetot je.

Tu belom you gave him banana or roti or biskut and he'll be running around house. Sedar-sedar makanan tu ntah ke mana. Bila tanya, mana food tadi, tros je cakap..."naaakkkk" and you'll see that thing 2-3 hari lepas tu kat bilik iron, celah-celah almari and sometime inside your make up bag. Tak tau macam mana dia capai.


The only time you took your bath is when the time he is sleeping. I noticed that when I started staying at home, mana I pergi, Faatih dia akan ikut je and he will cry if he doesn't see me. In fact kalau ayah dia ada pon bila I mandi dia akan ketuk pintu bilik air tu sambil nangis and stay depan pintu sampai I keluar. Pendek kata..time tu mandi koboi je la. So bila dia tido la I took my personal time, mandi and tulis draft blog. Usually he'll sleep at 10.30 after took his breakfast and sleep till 12noon.

Once he wake up and nampak I kat laptop, dia mula la sibuk nak tengok laptop and youtube. That's why bila dia jaga je, I terus tutup laptop. Amik buku, read and play with him. Handphone, net letak tepi coz being kids who surrounded by IT and gadget around made him curious on everything. Trully, we do not own Ipad! Bukan tak nak beli, tapi it's not the time for Faatih to know Ipad. I prefer him to get socialized rather that sitting with Ipad especially when we have out dinner outside. Kebanyakan I tengok parents sekarang bila kat kedai makan, masing-masing anak bergayut ngn Ipad. No communication at all! But I ada jugak ajar dia using Iphone showing some youtube video with those ABC and kids song.

One thing I know, some youtube video buat budak terikut-ikut. I bagi dia tengok video minion yang rebut banana tu...and now he bables like minions pastu dok sebut apple jadi "bapple"

I've seen once, a family outing kat Tutti Frutti. Ayah baca paper, mak main handphone, anak lelaki main PSP, anak perempuan main Ipad. How do you guys reckon that?

That's why bila you jadi SAHM, tanggungjawab you sangat besar sebab apa yang anak you buat adalah atas ajaran you sepenuhnya and you should take that as your fault if bad thing happen. Sebab he's 100% most of time with you.


Jadi, bukanlah SAHM tu satu tugas yang mudah ye. I just spread the truth since people said "it's so easy being SAHM". Senang cakap, kira macam win-win situation between jadi working mom and SAHM. masing-masing ada pros and cons.

Cuma kelebihan you jadi SAHM you get to know the kid more. You macam dikira "bekerja dan belajar" jugak tau since you'll learn his attitude, knowledge, development. I'm still new compared to those yang dah ada 4 anak and I lagi respect yang beranak rapat-rapat macam anak 1st baru 1 setahun dah keluar lagi sorang. i even can't imagine I got "two Faatihs" right now. Pengsan I tell you!

Akhir kata, the decision is on yours whether you choose to work or being SAHM. Make sure you get your husband permission before you stop working coz I met some husband who dare to let her wife working rather staying at home. And if your husband asked you to stop working or resigned, you have no rights to obey him even though you may see it's not enough in this kind of world to survive since he's the one who the money maker coz you may not know what your husband been into.

Akhir cerita, nah...ni gambar yang buat mak dia rasa nak gigit-gigit jer takmo tinggalkan dia kat orang lain.





2 comments:

Arya Stark said...

Hi dear. Yeah, I totally get it. I've been a SAHM for 14 months now and I'm telling you, it's not easy. I dun get why people keep on saying that I'm so lucky that I have so much time at home, relax. Well, I guess people who say that have never been in our shoes. Only a real SAHM would understand how a SAHM really feels. No time for ourselves. No outlet to express our feelings, no 'me' time. The time that the kid sleeps is used to take showers, pray, cook and God knows what other stuff that needs to be done. Being a SAHM is certainly not a walk in the park. But I believe there's a lot of good in what we're doing here. Sacrificing our income, our career, and passion to fully care and nurture our kids. The reward is priceless. Alhamdulillah... Take care... ur son is so precious!

Betty A. said...

Dina : yessss....so true. In fact, jd SAHM lg tak bole lar-lari nak g leisure. In case kat tmpt kje leh curik time g leisure...but as u said, being SAHM is priceless and people don't see it much. Gud luck to u too! Long journey ahead....hehehhe