Si Petite dan Tan Skin Headline Animator

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

50 years of liberalism...were we?


Pic taken from : NST Online 29/08/07

I was about being story-teller of my hotspot weekend with Nadia and Zach but when I found the article : At the age of 50, Malaysia questions its identity my head popping with our red-white-blue-yellow flag *yes..FYI, Im MALAYSIAN*. I advice you to read the article first before you read the rest of my words.

Now, this should read after you read the article....

Since Ana mentioned about how she's not descriminating herself in Sydney and how constantly she is in determined her origins not to her religion. *Sorry Ana to mentioned your name* Everyone will always says that "I am proud to be Malaysian" but sort of them seems to be unsatisfied with our over 49 years of liberalism handled by the government.

Wiki did help me to generated the word of Liberalisme here,

Liberalism refers to a broad array of related ideas and theories of government that consider individual liberty to be the most important political goal.[1] Liberalism has its roots in the Western Age of Enlightenment. Broadly speaking, liberalism emphasizes individual rights and equality of opportunity. Different forms of liberalism may propose very different policies, but they are generally united by their support for a number of principles, including extensive freedom of thought and speech, limitations on the power of governments, the rule of law, the free exchange of ideas, a market or mixed economy, and a transparent system of government.[2] All liberals - as well as some adherents of other political ideologies - support the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law.

The word liberal itself derived that Malaysia is giving a freedom to the people in every single things they do. But that doesn't mean we're free to do anything especially the thing that related to each of religion. But some of us might questioning why giving Malays a specialty of Bumiputera? I will not talk about this since all of us which I believed learned and remembered in how Parmeswara practically developed his ancestors of Kesultanan Melayu Melaka and how unique our royal system in designation Yang DiPertuan Agong. Should I? Or you might want to read Sejarah Melayu by Tun Sri Lanang.

As a Malaysian who lived with almost 23 years, I am accepting the liberalism that being practicisized by the government even tho we had the 3 biggest ethnic parties but in the end, they bound into one party. *No offence* I am living in a most peace country where all the races and religion are living in a big harmony relationship. Why on earth we were questioning ourselves about how dissatisfied the law of order that exist for the past 50 years or more? Imagine what will happen if Federal Court accept the application of Lina Joy without refer to Syariah Court while she was a Muslim before converted?

The answer is simple ; The made it for a good sake. I am not talking as I have seen to decriminated. NO. I have Chinese and Indian friends also. I opened my mind in every single relationship I had with my family, boyfriend and friends. Trully I am saying I never being awkward to any homosexual or bisexual guy. Or to those who drunk. Mayb a piece of advise from me as Muslim as a reminder but who am I to talk about our religion rules? I'd done my job.
They shall refine themselves in which path they will choose after death.

Don't ask what Malaysia had given to you but ask yourself what were you gaved. Im here as myself not being beside any party *Of course I will have one when it comes to election day* But as I should say, those who borned after Merdeka, please bring yourself back to 5o years ago, take a depth and warmth feel what our great grandparents / grandparents or even parents facing their life with all the hardship living and looking for independence. Imagine the effort of Tunku Abdul Rahman going to London to seek for our peace. Why he done that? It's for us...the next generation of MALAYSIA.

Selamat Hari Merdeka ke-50!

Read the best thought of Nationalism : Datuk A. Kadir Jasin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merdeka..Merdeka..Merdeka...Tanggal 31 bulan 8 57....